What Is Good Mileage for a Used Car?
What is good mileage for a used car? We are glad you asked. At Western Motors Fresno, we answer your question and provide you with great used car tips so you can make the perfect buying purchase for yourself and your family. Contact us online to set up an appointment with one of our friendly team members. We are here to help Madera drivers get behind the wheel of the car they want and need!
What Is Considered High Mileage for a Used Car?
Vehicle repair costs over the lifespan of your vehicle can become costly. Many people who are in search of a used car look for one that is under 100,000 miles, but many cars, like used Honda cars, can last much longer if they’re well cared for. What’s more, you’ll want to keep in mind that on average Clovis drivers accumulate between 10,000-12,000 miles per year on a vehicle. Thus, what is considered high mileage for a used car? Here are some tips:
- How many miles vs. age of the car: Consider how many miles are on the vehicle versus its age. For example, 40,000 miles on a car that is a year old is considered to be in worse condition than a car with 60,000 miles on it and is five years old. The state is based on the extensiveness of driving. There is more wear and tear on a young car, but it has been driven a lot more than on an older car and has spent less time on the road.
- Year of Manufacture: Car manufacturing has changed over the last decade. Therefore, modern used models can and will last longer than 100,000 miles. You do not need to shy away from used vehicles that are available within the past ten years.
- Regularly Scheduled Maintenance: It all comes down to the maintenance and care of the used car. If the vehicle has regular maintenance and its upkeep has been handled correctly, you will be surprised at how mileage and age don’t matter.
Additional things to Consider When Buying a Used Car
- Model Generation: Not all models from the same generation make great used cars, trucks, or SUVs. Therefore, you need to refer to consumer and expert reviews. Make a Google search on the used vehicle when it was new and see its overall assessment before deciding.
- Vehicle History Report: When the vehicle you want or need is available, you need to gather important information from the previous owner. Such information includes, repair reports, collisions, police records, DMV records, and maintenance records.
- Location: The location where the vehicle resided and was driven plays a crucial factor in determining its condition. The vehicle history report will tell you if the used car was from warm, dry climates or harsh, wet, and cold conditions.
- Foreign Luxury Car Brands: If you are looking for luxury used cars, you want to keep a few things in mind. First, the OEM parts for the used vehicle can be more expensive when it needs repairs. The expense comes from the cost of shipping overseas. However, luxury pre-owned vehicles do have superb warranties and often other service perks.
Find Low Mileage Used Cars for Sale at Western Motors Fresno
Start by making a list of the used vehicles that you have in mind, such as a used Toyota Tacoma or Camry, that are in line with your budget. We are happy to show various low mileage used cars for sale that will Clovis lifestyle. Our service department is pleased to look over your used car purchase. Never hesitate to reach out to us for the best used car experience in and around Visalia! If you’re looking for a used vehicle with low mileage, consider a certified pre-owned vehicle.