5 Best Jeeps For Off-Road Adventures
Jeeps have always been synonymous with off-road adventures, especially in the past few years. With the popularity of the Fast and Furious and Mad Max franchises, people are increasingly excited to try out the thrill of off-road adventures. Unfortunately, not all jeeps are built to be rough-housed in such ways, and according to the CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission) statistics, off-road vehicle crashes claim hundreds of lives every year.
To not become a statistic, you need to make sure your vehicle is suited to be taken on an off-road adventure. To help you, we have created the perfect list to help you get a start on your off-road adventure. Let’s get started!
Why Do You Need Your Jeep To Be Off-Roading Proof?
Not many people know that off-road features are not present in every jeep. It can result in a massive issue if you get stuck in the desert sand or lose traction on the forest mud. Not to mention that all off-roading accidents tend to result in at least one bone broken.
It seems extremely dangerous to participate in this activity, but it is not. All you need to do is take the proper precautionary measures. One such measure is to get your hands on a jeep specialized for off-road activities.
Top 5 Jeeps That Are Perfect For Off-Road Adventures
Here are the best jeeps that are perfect for safe but thrilling off-road adventures:
2019 Ford Flex Limited
The 2019 Ford Flex Limited is very well suited for an off-road adventure for a multitude of reasons:
- It has two V-6 engines that give it the power necessary to drive on uneven terrain.
- Another positive of having two engines is that both displace 3.5 liters.
- The V-6 engines generate a robust 287 horsepower, which gives you the extra kick you need to keep your engine running.
- The jeep has adaptive cruise control and a 12-speaker Sony audio system as optional extras to rock out during your off-road adventure.
- According to tests run to check on its features, the 2019 Ford Flex Limited can gain the speed of sixty miles per hour in just six seconds, a truly remarkable feat that not many jeeps can achieve.
2021 GMC Terrain SLT
The features that make the 2021 GMC Terrain SLT off-roading friendly include:
- It has a turbocharged four-cylinder engine with two fuel capacity variations: 1.5 liters and 2 liters.
- The 2-liter turbocharged engine variation has better performance when it comes to uneven terrains.
- According to the tests run to check on its engine power, the 2021 GMC Terrain SLT can gain a remarkable speed of sixty miles per hour in just nine seconds.
- The turbocharged engine generates a robust 170 horsepower, which makes your engine off-roading proof.
2020 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring
The 2020 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring has the following specs to be safe for off-road activities:
- It has a turbocharged four-cylinder engine, great for getting traction on unusual terrains.
- According to tests run to check on its features, the 2020 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring can gain a speed of sixty miles per hour in just seven seconds.
- It has a nine-inch touchscreen display and heated seats, which are perfect for going on a night-time off-roading adventure.
- The 2020 Mazda CX-9 has accurate steering and a firm suspension, allowing better cornering control in demanding activities like off-roading.
2021 Honda Ridgeline Sport
The specs that make the 2021 Honda Ridgeline Sport off-roading proof are:
- It is the only Honda Jeep with a cargo bed, perfect for keeping all the essentials or sitting for the extra thrill during off-roading activities.
- The wheels on the Ridgeline Sport are all-terrain, with reduced backspacing for a better stance on uneven terrains.
- It also has a powerful V-6 engine that generates up to 280 horsepower.
- According to the tests run to check on its brakes, the 2021 Honda Ridgeline Sport has a braking distance from seventy miles per hour to zero.
2021 Lexus GX 460 Premium
The 2021 Lexus GX 460 Premium has the following best off-roading features:\
- It has a more advanced V-8 engine for maximum control on sandy terrains.
- The V-8 engine can generate up to 301 horsepower.
- According to tests run to check on its features, the 2021 Lexus GX 460 Premium can gain a speed of sixty miles per hour in just seven seconds.
- It also has an eight-inch touchscreen display and a 17-speaker sound system to keep you on the music high on your off-road adventure.
What To Do Before Going On An Off-Road Adventure?
Despite having the right jeep, there are some things you need to check off your list before taking off on your next adventure. These include:
- Ensure every aspect of your jeep is in proper working order. This includes everything: the lights, battery, fluids, belts, hoses, fluid filters, tires, and brakes.
- Slightly decrease your tire pressure to increase the surface area between your tire and the ground.
- Increase your Jeep suspension to clear uneven paths quickly with minimal damage to the undercarriage.
- Get a portable tire inflator to increase the tire pressure back-up after your off-roading adventure.
- Remove the top of your jeep for a better off-roading experience, or you can even ride in a cargo bed if your jeep has one.
Off-road adventures demand the proper set of wheels for both excitement and safety. Our list of top 5 jeeps, including the 2019 Ford Flex Limited, 2021 GMC Terrain SLT, 2020 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring, 2021 Honda Ridgeline Sport, and 2021 Lexus GX 460 Premium, offers enthusiasts vehicles equipped with powerful engines and features tailored for challenging terrains.
Despite having the ideal off-road companion, it’s crucial to take precautions as well, ensuring your vehicle is well-maintained and prepared for the journey, from adjusting tire pressure to having a portable tire inflator on hand. By prioritizing safety and readiness, your off-road escapades will be thrilling and secure.